Welcome!

This blog is no longer active, come over to www.quiltingbuttercup.com for more.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Toilet lid upcycle

Bringing some colour into your bathroom and personalizing objects is so fun and easy. This time I decided to upcycle the toilet lid.







I prepared a paper template for the cat in two sizes and traced it onto adhesive plastic foil.





I cut the single adhesives from the foil.
Then I prepared the toilet lid by covering the actual seat in adhesive tape in order to protect it from being coloured.
After that I sprayed different colours (ivory, lavender and violet) in patches onto the toilet lid and let dry.





When the finishing had dried I placed the adhesives onto the single colours making sure they adhered perfectly on all sides.





Then I sprayed dark blue finishing all over the toiled lid, covering the whole piece.
I left the lid to dry over night and in the morning I went to peel the adhesives off, uncovering the coloured cats.





Have you made a project following this tutorial? Let me know what you think. Did you like it? Was it easy to understand and to follow? Do you have any suggestions?
Write a comment or send me an mail using the contact form at the bottom of the page.





No comments:

Post a Comment